Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thankful

I have a lot to be thankful for.

Over the last week we have had a whirlwind of visitors and events.
It has been wonderful to say the least. We have felt so loved on and refreshed as a family.

We had my Mom and Dad here for a few days followed by Greg and Beth after that.

We ate so much good food (Thank you Goddess and the Grocer for preparing our Thanksgiving dinner twice! I am not a good chef, in the least).

Spent so much time laughing and just being recharged by being around our family.
It is hard to live in Chicago, when the majority of our family lives in KC.

We have been so blessed to have Kristen up in Chicago for this season of life. It has been so life giving to us, and hopefully to her as well.

I am so thankful.


I am thankful  for Austin.

He is a wonderful man, full of integrity and selflessness.
Above all, he loves Jesus.

Then, he loves me. And, he does that well.
One way he has really loved me well this year is by encouraging my pursuit of a career.

He has had to sacrifice a lot to allow me to this (like all of my home made food, NOT).
But, it has given our family new life.

He also runs with me.
Austin hates running, but clearly loves me.
He even runs crazy distances with me.

I told him yesterday that we are starting training of our half marathon in March on Tuesday.
He was not thrilled.

But, he pursues me. And knows that spending that time together gives me life.

He loves the girls. Seeing Austin with Kate and Grace is such a joy.
They love their daddy, and he loves them.

Often, when Daddy is at work the girls like to carry around a framed picture of our family that I have on my desk.

They only want to see daddy in that picture. It's the sweetest.

I am so thankful.

I am thankful for Kate and Grace.

I remember the day we found out we were expecting vividly.
I also remember the shock of the day that we were expecting twins.

Kate and Grace have been a wake up call.
Anyone who is a parent knows what I mean.

You don't realize how selfish you are until you have kids.

Then, you have no choice to be selfless.

Kate and Grace bring me joy in so many ways.

Their belly laughs.
Their sassiness.
Their slobbery kisses.

They are such a joy.

I am so thankful.

I am thankful for Jesus.

I am so thankful for the grace that has been extended to me, by God.
That despite how depraved and wicked I am that I am loved and redeemed.

And, that there is nothing I could do to make Him love me any more.

I am thankful that His mercies are new every morning.
And, that He will never leave me.

I am so thankful.

While this year has yet been another year of transition, I am so thankful for the blessings in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment