Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Play Time

Day Four.

Play time has changed a lot in the last 5 months. When the girls were first born play time was the same as sleep time. As they got a little older, I would walk into the NICU and hear screaming down the hall. I knew it was my girls. It wasn't time for them to eat and they wanted to be entertained, so the nurses had to break out the swing for Kate and Grace. Play time then morphed into forced tummy time. This was considered cruel and unusual punishment until the girls figured out how to flip over. Grace began flipping about two weeks before Kate and we haven't been able to keep her still since. 

Play time now involves a play mat, a musical pig and our babies ( check out the 5 month post). While the girls are awake longer and longer I sometimes struggle to find activities that I can do with both of them in very limited space. Many times Grace and Kate get to spend play time together, which presents its own set of challenges. Specifically, they can't keep their hands to themselves. Play time typically goes something like this. Grace sticks her hand in Kate's face, then Kate opens her mouth and Grace's hand goes in her mouth, finally they both start screaming. The other part of this is the fact that the girls will roll over on top of each other.I constantly flip them back over, but it is to no avail.  They are seriously a hoot, but they sure do keep me on my toes. 

Play time today. Kate was loving on Baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment